VELscope Oral Cancer Screening System
Did you know?
- Oral cancer kills one person every hour of every day in North America
- Oral cancer has three times as many victims as cervical cancer
- You are at an increased risk of developing oral cancer if you smoke, drink alcohol, and/or are over 40
- Alarmingly, while many of oral cancer victims are tobacco users, more and more are not. Recent studies have demonstrated a strong association between oropharyngeal cancer and exposure to HPV-16.
- Nearly half of oral cancer patients are expected to die within 5 years of diagnosis, but it is 80 to 90% survivable if diagnosed early
- Unfortunately, only 35% of oral cancer cases are diagnosed in the early stages
Fortunately, the VELscope System can help your dentist detect oral mucosal abnormalities that may not be visible or apparent to the naked eye, such as oral cancer or pre-malignant dysplasia.
Ask your dentist for your oral mucosal exam with the VELscope System today!
It's quick, painless, and it may save your life!
For more information about this technology, ask your hygienist or dentist or visit: